Contact Me

For inquiries or comments please mail to: hmaly24@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

On the Flipside


I apologize to my readers if I haven't been writing much lately about what has been going on in this person's life. As most of my readers know, a dramatic shift in my life happened last August when I moved to Minnesota and began teaching in a Catholic private school. I discovered I actually enjoy teaching and being with the kids, not to mention it taught me many things and am looking forward to being the student in that regard. :) I had no idea what to expect then and sometimes I think I still have no idea what to expect in the future. It is common knowledge that those who teach in SSPX schools aren't compensated much financially, though it can be a very rewarding position if one looks past the money part of it. I know I had to and a good thing this opportunity came by, because at one time, all I really cared about was having lots of money and appearing successful in the eyes of the world and among my extremely worldly peers, but I really wasn't satisfied in the long run. There is much more to life than making $$$$, sure it helps one to survive better, giving one a tad bit more flexibility in living, but it is not the end-all in life Society and modern culture wants to have us believe. 
Really, God will provide us with the temporal and spiritual graces and means to live in this world that would best assist us in attaining Heaven. Like the sparrows and the lilies in the field that do not worry- we shouldn't either. 

As far as I know, I will be teaching the same gamut of subjects and grades as this last year. It was definitely a surprising shift in career prospects. The teaching decision had surprised many people, family and friends included. Perhaps it was a Providential move on His part? I thought so at the time and I still strongly think so. The common adage, 'things happen for a reason' proves this point excellently. I am not sure where this fleeting life is heading, but in the sights of things it looks really remarkable compared to where I have been in the past few years. I hope and pray to always do the will of God in all things and remain open to His graces and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

1. Please be kind. Vulgar, defamatory, racist or obscene language will not be tolerated! If you disagree with a post please respond in a meaningful or thought-provoking and civil and concise manner.
2. The Admin of this blog has the right to delete comments that do not adhere to this Guideline.
3. Comments that directly attack Catholicism or any of its members and teachings will be deleted.
4. Comments and thoughts are always welcome. Comments are to be relevant to the post or blog, anything else will be deleted.
5. Posts of spammers and trolls will be deleted.
6. Sharing of links are encouraged. No spam content please!
7. Have fun commenting! :)